Where: Birmingham & Midland Institute, 9 Margaret Street, Birmingham, B3 3BS
(Directions & parking info)
When: Tuesday 21 May 2019
Arrive: Registration from 12.45pm for a 1pm start
Finished by: 5pm
Who’s it for? Anyone working with young people in their organisation, wanting to gain young people’s insights, or develop a new youth offer. This is also suitable for heads of participation/engagement departments. Especially those working in the arts, cultural or voluntary sectors. AND for each adult place booked you can bring a young person – they are ideally an apprentice, intern, young trustee or already involved in helping to direct projects. They should be able to support you in better implementing youth voice.
Join us for a half-day training course covering our core youth voice module and 1 of our 3 optional modules, which you get to vote for. When booking your ticket you will select a first and second preference module from: Engaging Digitally, Co-Producing Events or Young Ambassadors. (Read more about the modules)
YOU WONT MISS OUT – all the modules will be available online for you to access afterwards when you book your training course.
The day will be interactive, use facilitated discussion, and supported by information on powerpoints – but not too much – so you will get to learn about what others are doing, apply some theories & examples to your own practice, and start to formulate your plans.
Terms of purchase:
1. This is a heavily subsidised programme. No refunds can be made for no-shows and cancellations made less than 21 days before the date of training. The name of attendee(s) can change at any time. Access to the online training modules will still be provided.
2. Cancellations made more than 21 days before will receive a 50% refund upon request. The cancellation must be made & acknowledged in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to this date. If you’ve not received an acknowledgement in time you may call us on 03300 881008.
3. Any young person attending training will be the responsibility of their accompanying adult. We suggest that they are aged 14-25 however you are welcome to inform us if you are bringing someone younger or older. We recommend that this young person is an apprentice in your organisation, an intern, volunteer or participant in engagement programmes with a role that can continue to work with you to affect change and develop youth voice within the organisation. Please respect the intentions of this programme and the subsidised nature by not booking a paid colleague not on a training programme for a young person’s ticket.
4. If we cancel the training day for any reason you will be informed by email at the earliest possible opportunity and a refund will be offered. If a suitable alternative date cannot be found for you we will still provide you with access to the online modules.
5. All payments must be cleared at least 3 days before the training day. We can accept an official purchase order and payment of our invoice afterwards for recognised organisations registered with the Charity Commission or Companies House.
7. You must have booked by 17 May 2019 in order to have a vote in the selected optional module.