Youth Voice Training now available
Thanks to the Social Investment Business we are offering subsidised training on embedding youth voice in your organisation. All subsidised training is delivered with young people, is practical in nature, and includes useful handouts and FREE access to all online modules.
Our in-house training lasts from three to six hours including breaks, a core module and your chosen optional modules. It is tailored to your circumstances and can involve more strategic thinking and organisational planning. We can also accommodate consortia – or shared training where one host is joined by other organisations or partners it invites. In-house training is for up to a maximum of 18 people and we’d love you to include staff & young people. Download a flyer.
All training will provide you with resources, slides, case studies and practical tips on enabling youth voice in your organisation. Our training team includes an experienced trainer and a young trainer to give you a range of perspectives.
As an attendee you should have some experience of young people’s projects but keen to share & develop knowledge of embedding their voice in your organisation – the same goes for young people attending the course! We recommend young people already have some involvement or say in the organisation as a junior staff member, young trustee or existing participation group so they can implement learning from the day and support attending staff in implementing youth voice.
Why is the training unique and you should book?
- All training will be co-delivered by an experienced trainer and a young trainer
- All public training includes a free place for a young person for every adult booked on
- You choose which optional modules to run; even on Public Training attendees can vote for which module to experience
- All modules will be available FREE to attendees as online training modules too
Here’s what our modules involve:
Developing Youth Voice – core module (2.5 hours)
Establish an understanding of what youth voice is, recognise it within your own participation practice and feel confident explaining why you should enable youth voice in your organisation.
Optional modules (1.5 hours each)
Take a look at how to use digital technologies for engaging young people, discuss how to do so safely and recognise the difference between marketing and participatory engagement online. This is a practical session including lots of rich media examples.
Explore how to co-produce events and projects with young people.You’ll leave with an understanding of the value of this approach and plenty of practical examples showing the range and simplicity of potential events.
Find out what young ambassadors can offer your organisation and discuss the benefits for young people. We’ll look at case studies, explore opportunities you identify and give you some practical skills to develop your own group.
How much is the training?
– In-house training costs £450+VAT including up to 2 optional modules.
– Public training courses cost £59+VAT per adult attendee (with 1 young person under 26 allowed free per paying adult) for a half-day course including 1 optional module.
– After the subsidised period in 2019, training will cost £875+VAT for in-house courses and £95+VAT for public courses.
How to book?
Get in touch with us now on firstname.lastname@example.org for in-house training or book our public training now online:
– London on 5 June 2019
– Newcastle on 26 June 2019
(There is an online booking fee payable when paying via Eventbrite, you can also book a ticket and we will invoice you for payment – allowing you to generate a Purchase Order or pay direct to use via BACS or Card)